2023-2024 RECREATION LEAGUE REGISTRATION - U15, U18 and U21
Recreational Hockey League for U15, U18 and U21
The EFHL Recreation Hockey League is intended for players who want to play hockey but not commit to the more involved practice and game schedules of the community hockey program.
Some of the key founding principles of this program are as follows:
- Focus on fun and participation more so than development
- Playing with family and friends
- Less time commitment - 18 games, no practices
- Minimize travel - playing closer to home as much as possible
- Lower fees - fees are set by the league with no need for team cash calls
- More consistent scheduling
When registrations open, players will have a choice of registering with NWZ Hockey for the traditional Community Program or the Recreation League program.
Fees for the U15, U18, and U21 RECREATION HOCKEY LEAGUE divisions are $500.
- Fees may be paid online starting June 10, 2023. For the 2023-2024 season, the payment options are:
- pay the full amount at registration, or
- two payments (1) at time of registration and (2) Sept 1. No late fee is assessed to Recreation League players.
- Registration is not deemed complete until payment has been received.
More details on the recreational league can be found on the Hockey Edmonton website at: Recreation Hockey League .
Additional details on the recreational hockey league can be found on the EFHL website at: EFHL Recreation Hockey League .
(Please note that Hockey Edmonton's Recreation Hockey League and EFHL (Edmonton Federation Hockey League) Recreation Hockey League are one and the same.
We are using HCR 3.0/My Spordle Account (same as last season) which the parent creates and then adds all members of the household to this account - including coaches - to register for hockey.
Online Registration - NWZ HOCKEY ASSOCIATION ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK - follow the link and then log in to your MY SPORDLE ACCOUNT to access the NWZ Hockey Association registration options.
A completed registration for includes:
You must complete the online Parent Declaration Form and provide the following documents:
- Copy of BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT. Please upload this document at the end of the Parent Declaration form under "Proof of Residency DOCUMENT 2" OR "Proof of Residency ALL DOCUMENTS".
- Copy of Alberta Health Care Card. Please upload this document at the end of the Parent Declaration form under "Proof of Residency DOCUMENT 2" OR "Proof of Residency ALL DOCUMENTS".
- Copy of a current utility bill - first page only showing name and address. We will only accept EPCOR, Direct Energy or ENMAX. Upload this document at the end of the Parent Declaration form under "Proof of Residency DOCUMENT 1, DOCUMENT 2, or ALL DOCUMENTS.
- In the body of the Parent Declaration form, please enter email@example.com in the MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION SUBMISSION box. You MUST do this so that the Parent Declaration with supporting documentation is received by the Hawks' Registrar.
- You must have a valid Respect in Sport Parent Online Course (RIS) completed. Note that only ONE parent is required to complete the course. Where the course asks you to select an association please select NW ZONE. This is VERY IMPORTANT. Also note that your RIS Parent is valid for 4 years after which the course must be redone. If you have to redo your RIS Parent as it has expired, again, remember to select NW ZONE as the association.
- Online with Visa or MasterCard.
- We will also accept e-transfers providing the e-transfer is sent concurrent with the registration. If the e-transfer is not sent within 24 hours of the registration, your registration will be cancelled. Your e-transfer can by sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The e-transfer must be for the full amount OR for 50% at the time of registration and the final 50% BEFORE September 1st. You MUST put your player's FULL NAME in the memo field so that the e-transfer can be applied to your registration. Please note: The NWZ is providing members with the courtesy of using Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Please provide the funds in the timelines indicated (full amount or 50% now and 50% before September 1st). The NWZ will not accept random payments of varying dollar amounts on dates of your choosing. In other words, EFT is not to be viewed as a personal payment plan.
- If you require alternate payment arrangements, please contact the Registrar, Lorraine Toth, by email at email@example.com to discuss.
- Money Orders will be accepted.
- Personal cheques will no longer be accepted.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE - information regarding financial assistance, Hockey Canada Assists Program, KidSport Grants and Canadian Tire Jumpstart can be found on our forms page.